We offer 2 half day interactive workshops for parents in order to become sensory intelligent and empowered for effective parenting. Our workshops are small group, interactive and discussion-based to ensure enough time and opportunity for sharing. It is an experience which creates loads of “aha” moments and really gives insights and strategies that make a difference. All our parent workshop facilitators are skilled and competent therapists who are parents themselves.
Workshop 1: Healthy Sensory Habits for 21st Century Parents
Half-day workshop on sensory intelligent strategies for parents
- Exploring the current realities for parents
- Understanding sensory intelligence, how the brain processes the environment and influences our children, their attention, emotions and behaviour
- The 7 senses and their impact on learning and development
- Discover the links between sensory intelligence and ADHD
- Sensory screening for parents and children and introduction to the value of sensory profiling
- Sensory overload and stress in the world today and using time, technology and activities to ensure optimal development for our children
- Discover your wellness wheel
- Self-regulation skills for parents and children
- Sensory diets and choosing the right activities
- Womb and calm spaces to destress
Workshop 2: Sensory Profiling and relationship building for families
Half-day workshop on sensory profiling and improving family dynamics and relationships
- To clarify and demystify the concept of sensory integration for parents
- Your world at home, school and work from a sensory perspective
- Sensory profiling for parents and children.
- The Sensory Matrix™: identifies sensory needs and stressors through a unique profiling process. Parents get a chance to profile themselves through on-line testing prior to the workshop. We profile children through an interactive screening process within the workshop.
- Exploring your sensory world on a personal level will expand your understanding and insight significantly. You will see behaviours in yourself and your child in a new light
- Exploring the sensory roots of conflicts within parenting relationships
- Sensory overload and stress and its impact on relationships
- How sensory intelligence can strengthen your relationship with your child
To see our events and book your seat at the next workshop click here